Day three!

three french hens for my three little (actually one not so little!) chicks!
P.S I have a free pattern EVERY Friday here - @dotpebbles

French hen
Using 4 ply (fingering) yarn and 2mm (US size 0) double pointed needles, cast on 6 sts. Divide over 3 dpns. K 1 rnd.
Rnd 2 [Kfb K1] (3 times) (9 sts)
Rnd 3 K1 rnd.
Rnd 4 [Kfb, k2] 3 times. (12 sts)
Rnd 5 K1 rnd.
Rnd 6 [Kfb, k3] 3 times. (15 sts)
Rnd 7 K1 rnd.
Rep last rnd once more.
Rnd 9 [Kfb, k4] 3 times. (18 sts)
Rnd 10 K1 rnd.
Rep last rnd twice more.
Rnd 13 [Kfb, k5] 3 times. (21 sts)
Rnd 14 K1 rnd.
Rep last rnd twice more.
Rnd 17 [Kfb, k6] 3 times. (24 sts)
Rnd 18 K1 rnd.
Rep last rnd once more.
Rnd 20 [Kfb, k7] 3 times. (27 sts)
Rnd 21 K1 rnd.
Rnd 22 [Kfb, k8] 3 times. (30 sts)
Rnd 23 K1 rnd.
Rnd 24 [K1, k2 tog] 10 times. (20 sts)
Rnd 25 K1 rnd.
Rnd 26 [K2 tog] 10 times. (10 sts)
Stuff and shape the hen.
Rnd 27 [K2 tog] 5 times. (5 sts)
Break yarn, thread end through rem 5 sts, pull up tight to close base.
Sew on a tiny red felt beak, wattle and comb. Sew two black knots for eyes using black sewing thread.

11 comments:

  1. oooh! thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cluck, cluck, cluck!!! Thankseversomuch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cutest things I've seen today!! Thanks for the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Pixie Moon might like a little hen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. provo a farli anch'io grazie per la condivisione

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these!
    I am making a blog post collecting links to my favourite Easter crafts. May I please use one of your pictures? I'll credit it back to this post, of course.
    Sincerely,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Cute! Thanks for the pattern,,,,



    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these are adorable, going to have to break out the needles and yarn now and I promised myself I wouldn't get distracted by anymore projects ;-)

    Hope you don't mind if I link to your blog post from our Facebook page?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vielen Dank,süße Hühner

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments so do feel free to add whatever you wish as a comment - I will always reply to you. Thanks!